International Student Orientation
We're excited that you have chosen Penn State as the U.S. university to pursue your education!
In collaboration with the University Office of Global Programs, we have prepared a program that is aimed at providing you with an introduction to the academic and social life on campus, in the classroom, and in State College. All new international students are expected to attend International Student Orientation (ISO).
You will be able to confirm your participation in ISO beginning in early April 2016, after you complete the ALEKS Math Assessment and Educational Planning Survey.
A companion Parent & Family program is available for any parents or family members that will be traveling with you for ISO.
Here is a sample of some of the sessions that you will attend during ISO:
- your official welcome to Penn State;
- understanding government regulations pertaining to your stay in the U.S.;
- an opportunity to meet with a current Penn State student;
- educational planning and academic success sessions with an academic adviser;
- discussions about staying healthy, campus safety, & respecting difference;
- information about getting involved and engaged in the campus experience;
- information about paying the bill (which will be generated after you register for classes); and
- social opportunities for you and other new students.
For additional information about your ISO program, visit the University Office for Global Programs website.
We look forward to seeing you soon at University Park!
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you, or your parent or family member, anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our Contact Us page for additional information.