Transfer Student Orientation at University Park
If you are an international student, please visit the University Office of Global Programs for information about International Student Orientation.
Please Note: If you are a current Penn State student changing to Penn State's University Park campus in Spring 2019, please visit our Change-of-Campus page for more information about programs available to you.
Information on this website refers specifically to TSO at the University Park campus. If you have been admitted to another one of our Commonwealth Campuses, please visit our list of campus orientation programs and select your appropriate campus.
Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) at University Park is aimed at providing you with an introduction to life on campus, in the classroom, and in State College.
Here is a sample of some of the sessions that you attend during your orientation program:
- an official welcome to University Park;
- an overview of the tuition billing and payment process;
- meeting with an academic adviser to finalize your first semester schedule;
- an opportunity to meet with other transfer students, including many adult learners and student veterans;
- a discussion about staying healthy and safe on and off campus;
- information about continuing your previous involvement and exploring new opportunities to get involved in your new community; and
- information about career and internship services.
A companion Parent & Family program is available for any family members or guests that will be traveling to University Park with you for TSO.
Additional information about the prep work you need to complete in advance of your TSO program, and directions to campus can be found by navigating through the various menus at the top of the page. You can learn more about parking on campus during TSO here.
Parents and family members are welcome to join you for your TSO program. There is no additional fee for you to attend TSO. Lunch is not provided as part of your program.
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you, or your parent or family member, anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our FAQ page for additional information.