New Student Orientation Schedule
You will be able to make your reservation for your NSO program after you complete your ALEKS Math Assessment. The first date listed on your reservation is your Day 1, the second date is your Day 2.
If you are an international student, please visit the University Office of Global Programs for information about International Student Orientation.
Check-in for NSO on January 6-7 will take place in the HUB-Robeson Center at 12:45pm on Saturday, January 6. Your NSO program will conclude at 5:00pm on Sunday, January 7.
On Day 1 of NSO, you will have an opportunity to:
- meet and network with an Orientation Leader and other new students;
- participate in conversations about the transition from high school to college;
- learn more about being a member of the Penn State community; and
- begin the process of getting involved and staying engaged at Penn State.
Day 1 will conclude by 10:00pm and will begin Day 2 at 8:30am.
On Day 2 of NSO, you will have an opportunity to:
- attend a session on student aid, paying the bills & financial literacy;
- learn more about the educational planning process at Penn State;
- affirm your interest(s) in what you plan to study;
- learn about technology services that are available to you as a Penn State student; and
- meet with an academic adviser and schedule your first semester of classes.
You should plan to be on campus with the NSO program until 5:00pm on January 7.
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you, or your parent or family member, anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our FAQ page for additional information.