Celebrate your choice in becoming a Penn State student at Welcome Week!
Welcome Week occurs at the beginning of each semester and is full of activities to help you get to know your Penn State home. We know that students who attend welcome events are more confident when they start classes because they meet new friends, explore academic and co-curricular opportunities, navigate campus, and learn Penn State traditions.
Many of the activities held during Welcome Week are required for all new students including first-year, change-of-campus, and transfer students; however you will have some choices, too.
- Nittany Block Party
- Late Night-Penn State
- Residence Hall Events
- Be a Part from the Start
- President's New Student Convocation (for first-year students)
- Campus Tours and Resources
- College Dean's Meetings
- And, many more...
Click here for the 2014 Fall Welcome Week schedule. (1.3MB PDF)
WELCOME WEEK SCHEDULE CHANGES & UPDATES
Today, Friday, August 22
Because of weather, the following changes will occur.
Sunday, August 24
College of Earth & Mineral Sciences Open House is now an Involvement Fair
- 14 Deike Building, Ryan Family Student Center
College of Arts & Architecture Change-of-Campus and Transfer Student Dean's Meeting
- New Time: 2:00-2:45pm
Smeal College of Business Dean's Meeting for Change-of-Campus Students
- New Location: 112 Chambers Building
Biology Department Meeting
- New Location: 100 Thomas Building
Mathematics Department Meeting
- New Location: 201 Thomas Building
Monday, August 25
Get Connected with IT at Penn State!
- Pollock Computer Lab
- 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. on August 25
- Connect your devices to wireless, enjoy free food, and be entered to win a pair of Beats by Dre headphones and other cool prizes, all while discovering some of the most helpful technology resources on campus!
Thursday August 28
Biobehaviorial Health (BBH) Major Orientation & Academic Kick Off
- BBH Terrace Patio & 22 BBH Building
- For first-year and change-of-campus students majoring in BBH
Monday, September 15
Sexversations: Strengthen you ability to have healthy conversations about sexual health & sexual assault
- Heritage Hall, HUB-Robeson Center
- Sponsored by: Center for Women Students
We look forward to welcoming you!