The Check-In Crew plays a key role in providing a quality transitional experience for all incoming first-year students who participate in the New Student Orientation (NSO) program by assisting with NSO Check-In. There are 10 positions available. Application is available on the psu.jobs website (#69801) and will remain open until we have our team.
As a member of the Check-In Crew, team members are expected to:
- Work as a team to execute NSO check-in for over 500 participants daily, including students, parents, and families by engaging with them and providing a welcoming environment
- Handle confidential student records with responsibility and care
- Maintain flexibility in a demanding, fast-paced work environment
- Assist with New Student Orientation as needed
Crew members must be able to be flexible while working in a demanding, fast-paced environment and are expected to actively engage with students and families while providing a welcoming environment to make each New Student Orientation program a success.
Compensation is $8.50/hour. Check-In Crew will gain improved work ethic, leadership experience, collaboration, communication, and public speaking skills; and have an opportunity to network with university staff. A polo and nametag are provided.
Members of the Check-In Crew are free to hold other jobs on- and/or off-campus, as well as to take summer courses, as long as they are able to fulfill their Check-In Crew obligations. If another job is held on-campus, total hours worked in one week may not exceed 40.
Important Dates for the 2017 Check-In Crew:
- New Student Orientation: Thursday, May 11 through Thursday, July 20, 2017.
- Additional employment opportunities are available for crewmembers from August 11-20, 2017.
Students interested in the Check-In Crew position should direct any questions to email@example.com.