New Student Orientation at University Park is a two-day, overnight program. All first-year students are expected to attend one of our programs. Parents & family members will attend some sessions with their student, but some sessions will be attended separately.
The Parent & Family NSO will include:
- a session introducing Penn State's academic structure and the role of co-curricular learning;
- a dedicated session discussing your student's health, safety, & personal responsibility;
- information about living on-campus and dining;
- an overview of career & internship support services available to students;
- an opportunity to meet with staff from the Offices of Student Aid and Bursar; and
- a panel Q&A session with current Penn State students.
There is no additional charge for parents & family members to attend NSO at University Park, but guests will pay for their own housing and meals. When deciding who will attend NSO as a guest of the student, please keep in mind that NSO is not designed with extended family or young children in mind.