We're excited that you have chosen Penn State! Welcome!
In collaboration with the University Office of Global Programs, we have prepared a program that is aimed at providing you with an introduction to the academic and social life on campus, in the classroom, and in State College. All new international students are expected to attend International Student Orientation (ISO).
You can make your reservation for orientation 1-2 business days after you've completed your ALEKS Math Assessment.
Here is a sample of some of the sessions that you will attend during ISO:
- your official welcome to Penn State;
- understanding government regulations pertaining to your stay in the U.S.;
- an opportunity to meet with a current Penn State student;
- educational planning and academic success sessions with an academic adviser;
- discussions about staying healthy, campus safety, & respecting difference;
- information about getting involved and engaged in the campus experience;
- information about paying the bill (which will be generated after you register for classes); and
- social opportunities for you and other new students.
For additional information about your ISO program, visit the University Office for Global Programs website.
We look forward to seeing you soon at University Park!
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our Contact Us page for additional information.