New Student Orientation Schedule
You'll be able to make your reservation for Orientation after you've completed your ALEKS Math Assessment. In the meantime, here's an overview of what to expect during NSO at University Park.
If you are an international student, please visit the University Office of Global Programs for information about International Student Orientation. All international students will make their reservation for Orientation through the Office of Global Programs.
Check-in for August NSO begins at 12:45 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15 in the HUB-Robeson Center.
On Day 1 of NSO, you will:
- Get to know your assigned Orientation Leader and small group of 20 students
- learn more about the educational planning process at Penn State;
- participate in conversations about the transition from high school to college;
- learn more about what you can expect and what is expected of you as a member of the Penn State community
- Become familiar with different clubs, organizations, and other opportunities to become involved and engaged at Penn State
Formal programming for Day 1 will conclude by 9:30 p.m. Students will have the opportunity to participate in NSO activities beginning immediately after the conclusion of the last session.
Day 2 begins at 8:30 a.m.
On Day 2 of NSO, you will have an opportunity to:
- learn more about housing, dining, and residence life on campus;
- attend a session on student aid, paying the bills & financial literacy;
- affirm your interest(s) in what you plan to study;
- learn about technology services and software that are available to you as a Penn State student; and
- meet with an academic adviser and schedule your first semester of classes.
You should plan to be participating in NSO until 5:00 p.m. on Day 2.
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you, or your parent or family member, anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit FAQ page for additional information.