New Student Orientation Schedule
Our NSO Reservation System will open in April. Once it's open, you'll be able to make your reservation for orientation. In the meantime, here's an overview of what to expect during NSO at University Park.
If you are an international student, please visit the University Office of Global Programs for information about International Student Orientation.
Check-in for NSO begins at 12:45pm on Day 1. Check-in is held in Pollock Commons.
On Day 1 of NSO, you will have an opportunity to:
- meet and network with an Orientation Leader and other new students;
- learn more about the educational planning process at Penn State;
- participate in conversations about the transition from high school to college;
- learn more about being a member of the Penn State community;
- begin the process of getting involved and staying engaged at Penn State; and
- visit our newly renovated Intramural Building to participate in NSO After Dark*.
Day 1 will conclude by 11:30pm and will begin Day 2 at 8:30am.
On Day 2 of NSO, you will have an opportunity to:
- learn more about housing, dining, and residence life on campus;
- attend a session on student aid, paying the bills & financial literacy;
- affirm your interest(s) in what you plan to study;
- learn about technology services that are available to you as a Penn State student; and
- meet with an academic adviser and schedule your first semester of classes.
You should plan to be on campus with the NSO program until 5:00pm on Day 2.
*Some of the activities during NSO After Dark will require gym shoes. Please pack accordingly.
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you, or your parent or family member, anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our FAQ page for additional information.