New Student Orientation Schedule
You'll be able to make your reservation for orientation after you've completed your ALEKS Math Assessment. In the meantime, here's an overview of what to expect during NSO at University Park.
If you are an international student, you will attend International Student Orientation (ISO). ISO begins on Thursday, January 3. Please visit the University Office of Global Programs for information about International Student Orientation.
Check-in for January NSO begins at 12:45 p.m. on Saturday, January 5 in the HUB-Robeson Center.
On Day 1 of NSO, you will have an opportunity to:
- meet and network with an Orientation Leader and other new students;
- learn more about the educational planning process at Penn State;
- participate in conversations about the transition from high school to college;
- learn more about being a member of the Penn State community; and
- begin the process of getting involved and staying engaged at Penn State.
Day 1 will conclude by 9:30 p.m. Day 2 begins at 8:30 a.m.
On Day 2 of NSO, you will have an opportunity to:
- learn more about housing, dining, and residence life on campus;
- attend a session on student aid, paying the bills & financial literacy;
- affirm your interest(s) in what you plan to study;
- learn about technology services that are available to you as a Penn State student; and
- meet with an academic adviser and schedule your first semester of classes.
You should plan to participate in NSO until 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 6.
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you, or your parent or family member, anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our FAQ page for additional information.