New Student Orientation Schedule
If you are admitted to Penn State for Summer/Fall 2017, details about New Student Orientation will be available in April 2017. You will be able to make your reservation to attend an NSO program after you've completed your ALEKS Math Assessment and our reservation system becomes available in April.
You will be able to make your reservation for your NSO program after you complete your ALEKS Math Assessment. The first date listed on your reservation is your Day 1, the second date is your Day 2.
If you are an international student, please visit the University Office of Global Programs for information about International Student Orientation.
Check-in for your NSO program will take place in Pollock Halls at 12:45pm on Day 1. You must check in at Pollock Halls before proceeding to the parking lot, as this is where you will receive your parking permit for your NSO program. Bring your overnight bag with you when you check-in, as you will not have an opportunity to return to your car once you've checked-in to NSO.
On Day 1 of NSO, you will have an opportunity to:
- meet and network with an Orientation Leader and other new students;
- participate in conversations about the transition from high school to college;
- learn more about being a member of the Penn State community; and
- begin the process of getting involved and staying engaged at Penn State.
Day 1 will conclude when you return to Pollock Halls by 11:30pm. Breakfast begins at 7:00am on Day 2, and you will check out of the residence hall before your first session begins at 8:30am.
On Day 2 of NSO, you will have an opportunity to:
- attend a session on student aid, paying the bills & financial literacy;
- learn more about the educational planning process at Penn State;
- affirm your interest(s) in what you plan to study;
- learn about technology services that are available to you as a Penn State student; and
- meet with an academic adviser and schedule your first semester of classes.
You should plan to be on campus with the NSO program until 5:00pm on Day 2.
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you, or your parent or family member, anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our FAQ page for additional information.