Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) at University Park is aimed at providing you with an introduction to life on campus, in the classroom, and in State College.
In 2019, we’re offering three TSO programs: June 7, June 21, or August 23. Orientation for transfer students is not required. If you’re not planning to visit campus for orientation, you’ll have an option to select “I’m not attending TSO” as your program choice. All transfer students must select a program, even if it’s to tell us you’re not interested in attending.
Here is a sample of some of the sessions that you attend during your orientation program:
- an official welcome to University Park;
- an overview of the tuition billing and payment process;
- meeting with an academic adviser to finalize your first semester schedule;
- an opportunity to meet with other transfer students, including many adult learners and student veterans;
- a discussion about staying healthy and safe on and off campus;
- information about continuing your previous involvement and exploring new opportunities to get involved in your new community; and
- information about career and internship services.
Additional information about the prep work you need to complete in advance of your TSO program, and directions to campus can be found by navigating through the various menus at the bottom of the page.
We will provide a continental breakfast and lunch coupon for you as part of TSO. Unfortunately, these events are not open to guests.
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our FAQ page for additional information.