On behalf of the University Park campus and the Borough of State College, Welcome to Your Community!
Now that you are approved to make the campus change to University Park, there are a few important actions you need to take to ensure a smooth and successful transition. We have outlined these for you in the University Park Checklist for change of campus students.
This list includes a mix of important dates, tasks (actions), and reminders that will help keep you informed on what you need to take care of in the time before and after you arrive in State College.
Select from the menu below to preview parts of the University Park Checklist. Click here to download a copy of the checklist.
- Finalize Your Housing: On or Off-campus: This includes resources for securing a lease or housing contract. (LiveOn Penn State Website)
- Review the Cost of Your Penn State Education: Resources for assessing your cost and making a plan. (PSU Tuition Calculator)
- Finalize Your Class Schedule: An important step to do early. Don't wait for your advising appointment. (The Undergraduate Bulletin)
- Register Your Car or Bike: Instructions on registration requirements for bikes and vehicles being brought to campus. (Transportation Services)
- Update PSU Alerts: Stay up to date on what's happening on or near the UP campus. (PSUAlert Dashboard)
- Attend Your Required College Dean’s Meeting: This event is required for all new change of campus students (welcomeweek.psu.edu/deansmeeting)
- Buy or Rent Your Books and Supplies: A successful transition depends on early preparation. (Penn State Bookstore)
- Technology Check: Be sure you have what you need to get connected and complete coursework. (Connect to Tech)
- Participate in Welcome Week activities: These are designed to help you get acquainted and make some friends!
- Attend the Involvement Fair: One of the best ways to learn about clubs and organizations at University Park.
- Schedule Academic Advising: Advisers provide more than just scheduling assistance. Make an effort to discuss your academic and personal goals.
- Learn about Key University Park Resources: UP has many resources to keep you safe, healthy and engaged.