We are excited that you have chosen to continue your education at Penn State!
If you’re reading this web page, you’re most likely a newly admitted transfer student to Penn State – congratulations! At Penn State, we define a transfer student as someone who has attempted or completed 18 or more credits at another college or university after high school graduation. If you’re a first-year student, please read more about your orientation here. If you’re a current Penn State student changing your campus, please click here to learn more.
Your previous experience at another college or university will bring valuable insight and contributions to your classrooms, your student organizations, and to your interactions with other Penn State students. We recognize that you have likely already participated in an orientation program(s) at your previous institution, which is why Transfer Student Orientation (TSO) has been specifically designed with that in mind.
Transfer Students admitted to Penn State for summer or fall 2020 will participate in Virtual Orientation.
The information found within this website will help you:
- Learn more about your next steps in starting your Penn State career
- Receive important information about how to send proof of your previous educational credit to Penn State
- Do Your Pre-Orientation Homework
- Make your reservation to attend Virtual Orientation
- Participate in Virtual Orientation