We are ready to assist you with your transition needs to Penn State. You can contact us via email, phone, Facebook, or Twitter. We are located in 102 Wagner Building on the Penn State University Park campus. Our regular office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm (East). If you're visiting us on the web after business hours, or calling during a time when we are experiencing a high call volume, the FAQs listed below may be helpful.
Phone & Fax:
Frequently Asked Questions
- I need assistance with my Friends of Penn State (FPS) account information.
- I need help finding my nine-digit Penn State ID number.
- I'm having trouble accessing the ALEKS Math Assessment.
- I'm a student who needs accommodations during my orientation or transition program.
I need assistance with my Friends of Penn State (FPS) account information.
Need help remembering your FPS login information? Follow the appropriate link below:
If you receive an error message when trying to log in, please follow the steps below:
- If your FPS account isn't recognized, please test your account to make sure it is valid by going to eLion and try logging in with your FPS ID and password. If it is valid, continue on to the next step. If it isn't valid, please look up your FPS user ID or reset your FPS password.
- If your FPS account doesn't match your nine-digit PSU ID number, you may have more than one FPS account or you may have to fill in additional information via eLion. If you have more than one account, please try logging in with the other account. If you do not have more than one account, please visit eLion, click on the Students link, log in with your FPS user ID and password, and fill in any missing information.
I need help finding my nine-digit Penn State ID number.
Your student ID number is included in all letters you receive from Penn State's Undergraduate Admissions Office. Please visit your MyPennState account, view your offer of admission. Your nine-digit Penn State ID number begins with a nine (9).
I'm having trouble accessing the ALEKS Math Assessment.
All first-year students will have access to the ALEKS Math Assessment three (3) business days after accepting your offer of admission. If you accepted your offer of admission less than three (3) business day ago, please try again after three (3) business days have passed.
If you accepted your offer of admission (paid your deposit) more than three (3) business days ago and encounter a problem when you log into eLion, please contact the Penn State IT Service desk (814-865-4357) for assistance.
If you accepted your offer of admission (paid your deposit) more than three (3) business days ago, can access eLion, and are still having trouble, please contact ALEKS Support (714-619-7090) for assistance.
I need accommodations during my orientation program at Penn State.
The Pennsylvania State University encourages qualified persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. Some orientation & transition programs takes place in large auditoriums and requires walking some distance between campus locations. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact us at 814-865-4178 at least two weeks before your orientation program.
Parents or guests needing additional help should plan to bring along a family member or friend, as we don't have staff available for this purpose.
Note: If you were admitted late to Penn State or changed your NSO arrival date and, therefore, cannot contact our office two weeks in advance of your program, please contact us immediately to see if arrangements for special accommodations can be made.
To receive consideration for reasonable accommodations after attending one of our programs, you must contact the Office for Disability Services (ODS), participate in an intake interview, and provide documentation. To view one student's experience with the Office for Disability Services, please follow this link on YouTube.