New Student Orientation at University Park
Congratulations on your admission to Penn State University Park!
New Student Orientation (NSO) at University Park is a two-day program aimed at providing you, and your family, with an introduction to life on campus, in the classroom, and in State College. All new students are expected to attend NSO. A companion Parent & Family program is available for any parents or family members that will be traveling to University Park with you for NSO.
Once you have completed your Educational Planning Survey and your ALEKS Math Assessment, you receive instructions to make your reservation for New Student Orientation.
A companion Parent & Family program is available for any parents or family members that will be traveling to University Park with you for New Student Orientation.
If you are admitted for Summer/Fall 2017, information about your New Student Orientation will be available in March 2017.
Here is a sample of some of the sessions that you will attend during New Student Orientation:
- your official welcome to Penn State;
- an opportunity to meet with a current Penn State student;
- educational planning and academic success sessions;
- discussions about staying healthy, campus safety, & respecting difference;
- information about getting involved and engaged in the campus experience;
- information on financing your education and paying the bill; and
- social opportunities for you and your guests.
Additional information about our expectations for you as a new Penn State student will be woven throughout the program, such as academic integrity, personal responsibility and respecting difference.
We look forward to seeing you soon at University Park!