Congratulations on your admission to Penn State University Park!
New Student Orientation (NSO) at University Park is aimed at providing you, and your family, with an introduction to life on campus, in the classroom, and in State College. All new students are expected to attend NSO. A companion Parent & Family program is available for any parents or family members that will be traveling to University Park with you.
International students must attend International Student Orientation, please click here for more information from the University Office of Global Programs.
Here is a sample of some of the sessions that you will attend during NSO:
- your official welcome to Penn State;
- an opportunity to meet with a current Penn State student;
- educational planning and academic success sessions;
- discussions about staying healthy, campus safety, & respecting difference;
- information about getting involved and engaged in the campus experience;
- information on financing your education and paying the bill; and
- social opportunities for you and your guests.
NSO will begin at 12:45pm on Day 1 and conclude at 5:00pm on Day 2. During your NSO visit, you will receive your Penn State id+ Card. Be sure to bring a valid form of identification with you (not expired driver's license, passport, state-issued photo or military ID, or Permanent Resident Card). Additional information about the schedule, your Pre-NSO Homework, and directions can be found by navigating through the various menu links to the right.
There is no additional fee for you to stay with us in the residence halls during NSO. Parents and family members are responsible for their own overnight accommodations and meals.
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you, or your parent or family member, anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our Contact Us page for additional information.