Congratulations on your admission to Penn State University Park!
International students must attend International Student Orientation, please click here for more information from the University Office of Global Programs.
New Student Orientation (NSO) at University Park is aimed at providing you, and your family, with an introduction to life on campus, in the classroom, and in State College. All new students are expected to attend NSO.
If you are admitted for Summer/Fall 2016, information about your New Student Orientation will be available in March 2016.
A companion Parent & Family program is available for any parents or family members that will be traveling to University Park with you for NSO.
Here is a sample of some of the sessions that you will attend during NSO:
- your official welcome to Penn State;
- an opportunity to meet with a current Penn State student;
- educational planning and academic success sessions;
- discussions about staying healthy, campus safety, & respecting difference;
- information about getting involved and engaged in the campus experience;
- information on financing your education and paying the bill; and
- social opportunities for you and your guests.
Additional information about our expectations for you as a new Penn State student will be woven throughout the program, such as academic integrity, personal responsibility and respecting difference.
We look forward to seeing you soon at University Park!
Many of our program activities will be in large auditoriums, and it will be necessary to walk some distance between campus locations. If you, or your parent or family member, anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please visit our Contact Us page for additional information.